Sunday, March 8, 2009

EDM 310 Fall 2008 Podcast

The first podcast that I listened to was by Erica Sledge, Ashley Cleveland, and Shyane Fant. This podcast is available at Useful Internet Websites for Elementary Teachers by Erica Sledge, Ashley Cleveland, and Shyane Fant. The topic of this podcast was "Pick of the Day: Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers". The podcast discussed three different websites for Elementary Teachers. One of the websites that was discussed, on the podcast, that I found interesting was http://its.leesummit.k12.mo.us/. This website was discussed by Ashley Cleveland. The website teaches teachers how to incorporate technology into their classrooms. This website offers tutorials for PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Smart Boards. The main reason that Ashley liked the website was because of the PowerPoint link. The link allows teachers to make a PowerPoint or use a PowerPoint that is on the website. The PowerPoint's can be found based on subject and/or grade level. The problems that I noticed on this podcast was the use of uhh's and umm's and the speed of the girls talking. Both of these problems were probably caused by nervousness.

The second podcast that I listened to was by Tomeka Washington, Rosilyn Harris, and Marlena Marsh. This podcast is available at Useful Internet Websites for Elementary Teachers by Tomeka Washington, Rosilyn Harris, and Marlena Marsh. The topic of this podcast was also "Pick of the Day: Useful Internet Sites for Elementary Teachers". One of the websites discussed on the podcast that I found interesting was http://www.rainforestmaths.com/. This website was discussed by Marlena Marsh. This website was for grades kindergarten through sixth. The website offers exploration into math with a rain forest theme to keep the students interested. If the students have any problems with the work and quizzes, the website offers instructional help. I thought that the girls did a great job on this podcast. The problems that I noticed was noise in the background from papers being moved and the speed of the girls talking. Both of these problems were probably caused by nervousness.

I chose to listen to these two podcast because my topic is also "Useful Internet Websites for Elementary Teachers". I thought by listening to these podcast I would better understand what was expected of me. The way I will change my podcast is by practicing to try to avoid the use of uhh's and umm's. I will also state my website more through the course of the discussion. I will try to lay my papers across the table in front of me so that I will not have to flip through pages, this will cut out on the background noise. I will try to speak at a slower pace and with a louder voice so that the audience will hear me clearly. I think that by listening to these podcast it will also help me to improve my podcast.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Kristen. Now you see what I have been talking about in class. I look forward to hearing your podcast tonight.

    ReplyDelete