Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What Did I Learn?

I think that this class was a great experience. The class has taught me how to use the new technologies and how to incorporate them into my classroom. Some things that I have learned is how to create my own blog, how to write and record a podcast, and how to create an iGoogle page. I think that all of the things we have learned this semester will be beneficial to us as future teachers.

Blogging has become a new technology that is being used in classrooms worldwide. Through this course I have learned different ways to use a blog in the classroom. One thing that blogs can be used for is to communicate with other schools. Another thing that blogs can be used for is to communicate with parents. Blogs allow teachers to post information about upcoming events in the classroom and at the school. I will use classroom blog to communicate with parents, post newsletters, assignments, upcoming events, and communicate with other teachers and students around the world. I believe that a blog is a good technology to incorporate into the classroom because it teaches the students to communicate via the Internet.

I believe that iGoogle is also a great teaching tool to incorporate into the classroom. IGoogle allows teachers to post information that can be resourceful for the students and parents. Some of the features that are currently on my iGoogle page are upcoming events, birthday count downs, assignments, and learning tools. The learning tools include Math and Reading activities and educational games. The iGoogle website is a resource used to help the students learn while having fun. I plan to use the iGoogle website on a daily basis for my classroom.

Podcast were also a great tool that I learned about this semester. I think that podcast are great technologies to incorporate into the classroom. I plan to incorporate videopodcasting into my daily classroom lessons. Video podcasting not only gives the students the information on the subject, but also keeps the students attention by demonstration with verbal directions. I believe that by using podcasting in my teaching it will help keep the students interested while incorporating all of the different learning styles.

Overall, I think that this is a great class. I learned a lot of new technologies and how I can incorporate them into my classroom. I think that Ms. Averitt did a great job covering how to use all of the new technologies that will be available to us as future teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment